As we move back to Alert Level 2 our prime focus must be the continued safety of our membership. At all times we must adhere to the government request and whilst Alert Level 2 requires information from the government we will continue with the most recent information that we have been informed of, failure to do this may result in not being able to play the hockey.
What you need to know
Alert Level 2 you can still go to work and school, but you must:
- keep your distance from other people in public
- wash your hands
- sneeze and cough into your elbow
- keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen
- wear a face covering if you can
If you are unwell
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have symptoms of cold or flu call your doctor or Healthline and get advice about being tested.
- If you have been told to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
Given that the Covid_19 community transmission outbreak appears to have originated in Auckland, if you have been in Auckland over the past 10 days or have had contact with families from Auckland, then follow the process above.
Whangarei ITM Hockey Centre zoned areas
- We have established two Zones at hockey
- Zone 1 – the three turfs and changing rooms
- Zone 2 – is the Upstairs Lounge and Bar area.
- Each turf will have access to toilets and showers are available at the moment
- Spectators are allowed but will be required to sign in.
- Make sure when your game is finished you leave in a timely fashion as there will be other teams entering to play and we need to minimise any congestion.
- We would suggest players only bring what is essential with them i.e hockey sticks, mouth guards, water bottles as this will prevent collecting gear at the end of the game.
- Post-game team talks must be completed quickly or you will be asked to move on.
Government COVID APP will be used for an electronic sign-in. This must be done by every person entering the facility.
We are required to maintain Contact Tracing if you refuse to follow sign in procedures you will be refused entry.
Children will need to be entered by their parents or coach, you can enter up to five people per device.
- Under Alert Level 2 Government requires every individual who enters the Northland Hockey facility MUST sign in by scanning the QR code at the entry point of the zone they are entering (this includes players, coaches, managers, spectators etc.)
- Please allow enough time to do this as it takes a few minutes and may be multiplied by the numbers of people entering the zone.
- There is a manual sign-in sheet for Zone 1 – located in the front foyer; Zone 2 – located in the upstairs lounge area as you enter.
Noho ora mai
(stay well, look after yourself)
Stay safe. Scan QR codes. Stay home if you are unwell.