Northland Hockey U14 and U16 player and parent information 2021
- All players that wish to play in a Northland U14 and U16 will get the opportunity to play this year
- There will be no trials we will be asking for expressions of interest only
- Expressions of interest we will be advertised on our;
- Face Book page
- Emailed to all clubs (JMC, Collegiate, Senior)
- Expressions of interest will open on Thursday 5th August and close Friday 20th August 5pm 2021
- You or your parents will have to complete a Google docs form
- Once expressions of interest close, teams will be formed with a balance of player abilities in mind and coaches will then be appointed.
- We will do our absolute best to ensure that all expressions of interest will be accommodated.
- Teams will be have the option of 4 Sunday practices prior to their festival starting
- Over this period the teams Coach and Manager will communicate with Players and parents in order to make sure all relevant festive information has been provided
- We expect the cost per player for travel accommodation and food to be around $350 to $400. Note Hockey Northland will pay the turf charges for all games and festivals.
- All teams 6 aside plus a goalie
- 6th to 8th October McGrath Festival Rotorua ( will only go ahead subject to team entries) 2 teams of Boys and 2 Girls currently entered
- Costs for this festival will be $350 to $400
- 11th October Festival day at North Harbour. No cost apart from travel by private vehicle.
- 12th October Festival day Northland. No cost
- 11 aside
- 2nd to the 5th of October, Grant McLeod Festival at Pukekohe. 2 teams of Boys and 2 Girls currently entered
- 6 aside. 1 Boys and 1 Girls currently entered
- 8th to 10th October, ‘U16 6-a side Festival(will only go ahead subject to team entries)
U16 teams and McGrath festival teams will be playing against other teams within the Northern Associations region made up of Northland, North Harbour, Auckland, Counties Manukau, Tauranga, Waikato, Thames Valley and Bay of Plenty Hockey associations.
The Northland player development pathway for U12, U14, and U16 is development and player centric rather than a pure team performance approach.
All age group development will have the following elements while maintaining a player centric approach;
- providing a fun environment
- challenging the player (self-improvement)
- competitive in a developmental way (competition is an amazing motivator and a lot of fun)